600 Tavern Place
Wayne, WV 25570
Job Objective Heavy Equipment Mechanic position that utilizes my prior skills and enables me to make a positive contribution to the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in maintaining and repairing diesel engine, heavy equipment and tools
- Familiarity with pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical repair
- Sound knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance
- Ability to effectively repair, modify and overhaul complex constituents of equipment
- Ability to maintain records of schedule and preventative maintenance carried on equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot the problem and repair the equipment accordingly
- Skilled to order parts required to repair the machinery
- Skilled to read and comprehend instruction provided by manufacturers
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, August 2005 – Present
Heavy Machines, Inc, Wayne, WV
- Assisted mechanics and maintained heavy duty mobile equipment by routine checking and tune ups.
- Diagnosed and repaired heavy mining equipment such as road haulers, front end wheel loaders, dozers and excavators.
- Repaired, replaced and assembled and reassembled the equipment according to the malfunction diagnosed.
- Standardized the records for maintenance of motorized equipments and vehicles along with service logs.
- Regulated the routine maintenance such as changing filters, oil and lubricants, checking the fluid levels, belts, tyres, brakes and clutches.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, May 2000 – July 2005
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc, Wayne, WV
- Overhauled and repaired combat vehicles such as heavy construction and material handling equipment.
- Maintained and troubleshoot all kinds of heavy equipments such as rollers, reclaim and milling machines, pavers, graders, dozers and loaders.
- Replaced and repaired equipment part such as gears, drums, rods, seals, pistons, buckets, valves, electric motors and hydraulic pumps.
- Maintained and installed windshield wipers, heaters, radio and mirrors.
- Fabricated and assembled components for heavy equipments such as industrial, power and machinery.
High School Diploma, Piedmont Hills High School, San Jose, CA
Mechanic Resume Cover Letter
A mechanic is an individual who uses tools for repairing the things mostly machineries or keep them in a proper operating mode.
A mechanic can be specialized in different fields such as bicycle mechanics, auto mechanics, industrial maintenance mechanics (millwrights) boiler mechanics, refrigerator and air conditioning mechanics, diesel mechanics, air craft mechanics, and tabk mechanics.
The resume cover letter or the application letter for the job of a mechanic starts by mentioning that he gets to know about the position from the local newspaper or from the Internet. This might be the best introduction from your side. Though you know every thing about the vacancy, still allow the employer to know about it in your opening paragraph. Mention the name of the person who referred you.
When applying for the post in auto mechanic industry, training and experience are the very important points. In most of the cases, the interviewer is often seeking for the candidates who are trained or have experience on specific types and models of vehicles.
Sending cover letter is the golden opportunity for you to allow the employer know accurately why and how you are the perfect match for this position, by depicting interest to your key qualifications. Mention your specialty in the coverlet that can give you a competitive edge over other applicants who may not have such kind of training.
In the final paragraph, the candidate make conclusion that you have performed well in through out his academic years and trained the new personnel. This indicates your good relationship qualities that would be a plus point to any employer.
Checkout our sample mechanic resume cover letters below :
- Sample Mechanic Resume Cover Letter 1
- Sample Mechanic Resume Cover Letter 2
- Automobile Mechanic Cover Letter