1. Gautier P, De Kock M, Van Steenberge A, Miclot D, Fanard L, Hody JL. A double-blind comparison of 0.125% ropivacaine with sufentanil and 0.125% bupivacaine with sufentanil for epidural labor analgesia. Anesthesiology. 1999;90:772–8.[PubMed]
2. Brizzi A, Greco F, Malvasi A, Valerio A, Martino V. Comparison of sequential combined spinal-epidural anesthesia and spinal anesthesia for cesarean section. Minerva Anestesiol. 2005;71:701–9.[PubMed]
3. Wiebke G. Spinal anesthesia for obstetrics. Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2003;17:377–92.[PubMed]
4. Hallworth SP, Fernando R, Columb MO, Stocks GM. The effect of posture and baricity on the spread of intrathecal bupivacaine for elective cesarean delivery. Anesth Analg. 2005;100:1159–65.[PubMed]
5. Dobson PM, Caldicott LD, Gerrish SP. Delayed asystole during spinal anaesthesia for transurethral resection of the prostate. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 1993;10:41–3.[PubMed]
6. Køhler F, Sørensen JF, Helbo-Hansen HS. Effect of delayed supine positioning after induction of spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2002;46:441–6.[PubMed]
7. Scull TJ, Carli F. Cardiac arrest after caesarean section under subarachnoid block. Br J Anaesth. 1996;77:274–6.[PubMed]
8. Løvstad RZ, Granhus G, Hetland S. Bradycardia and asystolic cardiac arrest during spinal anaesthesia: A report of five cases. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2000;44:48–52.[PubMed]
9. Povey HM, Jacobsen J, Westergaard-Nielsen J. Subarachnoid analgesia with hyperbaric 0.5% bupivacaine: Effect of a 60-min period of sitting. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 1989;33:295–7.[PubMed]
10. Foster RH, Markham A. Levobupivacaine: A review of its pharmacology and use as a local anaesthetic. Drugs. 2000;59:551–79.[PubMed]
11. Howe JB. Local anesthetics. In: McCaughey W, Clarke RJ, Fee JP, Wallace WF, editors. Anesthetic Physiology and Pharmacology. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 1997. pp. 83–100.
12. Huang YF, Pryor ME, Mather LE, Veering BT. Cardiovascular and central nervous system effects of intravenous levobupivacaine and bupivacaine in sheep. Anesth Analg. 1998;86:797–804.[PubMed]
13. Gristwood RW. Cardiac and CNS toxicity of levobupivacaine: Strengths of evidence for advantage over bupivacaine. Drug Saf. 2002;25:153–63.[PubMed]
14. Lui AC, Polis TZ, Cicutti NJ. Densities of cerebrospinal fluid and spinal anaesthetic solutions in surgical patients at body temperature. Can J Anaesth. 1998;45:297–303.[PubMed]
15. McLeod GA. Density of spinal anaesthetic solutions of bupivacaine, levobupivacaine, and ropivacaine with and without dextrose. Br J Anaesth. 2004;92:547–51.[PubMed]
16. American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Obstetric Anesthesia. Practice guidelines for obstetric anesthesia: An updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Obstetric Anesthesia. Anesthesiology. 2007;106:843–63.[PubMed]
17. Ben-David B, Solomon E, Levin H, Admoni H, Goldik Z. Intrathecal fentanyl with small-dose dilute bupivacaine: Better anesthesia without prolonging recovery. Anesth Analg. 1997;85:560–5.[PubMed]
18. Gupta A, Axelsson K, Thörn SE, Matthiessen P, Larsson LG, Holmström B, et al. Low-dose bupivacaine plus fentanyl for spinal anesthesia during ambulatory inguinal herniorrhaphy: A comparison between 6 mg and 7.5 mg of bupivacaine. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2003;47:13–9.[PubMed]
19. Barkshire K, Russell R, Burry J, Popat M. A comparison of bupivacaine-fentanyl-morphine with bupivacaine-fentanyl-diamorphine for caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia. Int J Obstet Anesth. 2001;10:4–10.[PubMed]
20. Casimiro C, Rodrigo J, Mendiola MA, Rey F, Barrios A, Gilsanz F. Levobupivacaine plus fentanyl versus racemic bupivacaine plus fentanyl in epidural anaesthesia for lower limb surgery. Minerva Anestesiol. 2008;74:381–91.[PubMed]
21. Choi DH, Ahn HJ, Kim MH. Bupivacaine-sparing effect of fentanyl in spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2000;25:240–5.[PubMed]
22. Ben-David B, Miller G, Gavriel R, Gurevitch A. Low-dose bupivacaine-fentanyl spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2000;25:235–9.[PubMed]
23. Chen X, Qian X, Fu F, Lu H, Bein B. Intrathecal sufentanil decreases the median effective dose (ED50) of intrathecal hyperbaric ropivacaine for caesarean delivery. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2010;54:284–90.[PubMed]
24. Goel S, Bhardwaj N, Grover VK. Intrathecal fentanyl added to intrathecal bupivacaine for day case surgery: A randomized study. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2003;20:294–7.[PubMed]
25. Lee YY, Muchhal K, Chan CK, Cheung AS. Levobupivacaine and fentanyl for spinal anaesthesia: A randomized trial. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2005;22:899–903.[PubMed]
26. Cuvas O, Basar H, Yeygel A, Turkyilmaz E, Sunay MM. Spinal anesthesia for transurethral resection operations: Levobupivacaine with or without fentanyl. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2010;20:547–52.[PubMed]
27. Akcaboy EY, Akcaboy ZN, Gogus N. Low dose levobupivacaine 0.5% with fentanyl in spinal anaesthesia for transurethral resection of prostate surgery. J Res Med Sci. 2011;16:68–73.[PMC free article][PubMed]
28. Hakan Erbay R, Ermumcu O, Hanci V, Atalay H. A comparison of spinal anesthesia with low-dose hyperbaric levobupivacaine and hyperbaric bupivacaine for transurethral surgery: A randomized controlled trial. Minerva Anestesiol. 2010;76:992–1001.[PubMed]
29. Coppejans HC, Vercauteren MP. Low-dose combined spinal-epidural anesthesia for cesarean delivery: A comparison of three plain local anesthetics. Acta Anaesthesiol Belg. 2006;57:39–43.[PubMed]
30. Guasch E, Gilsanz F, Díez J, Alsina E. Maternal hypotension with low doses of spinal bupivacaine or levobupivacaine and epidural volume expansion with saline for cesarean section. Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim. 2010;57:267–74.[PubMed]
31. Gunusen I, Karaman S, Sargin A, Firat V. A randomized comparison of different doses of intrathecal levobupivacaine combined with fentanyl for elective cesarean section: Prospective, double-blinded study. J Anesth. 2011;25:205–12.[PubMed]
32. Bouvet L, Da-Col X, Chassard D, Daléry F, Ruynat L, Allaouchiche B, et al. ED50 and ED95 of intrathecal levobupivacaine with opioids for Caesarean delivery. Br J Anaesth. 2011;106:215–20.[PubMed]
33. Erdil F, Bulut S, Demirbilek S, Gedik E, Gulhas N, Ersoy MO. The effects of intrathecal levobupivacaine and bupivacaine in the elderly. Anaesthesia. 2009;64:942–6.[PubMed]
34. Lirk P, Kleber N, Mitterschiffthaler G, Keller C, Benzer A, Putz G. Pulmonary effects of bupivacaine, ropivacaine, and levobupivacaine in parturients undergoing spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean delivery: A randomised controlled study. Int J Obstet Anesth. 2010;19:287–92.[PubMed]
35. Guler G, Cakir G, Ulgey A, Ugur F, Bicer C, Gunes I, et al. A comparison of spinal anesthesia with levobupivacaine and hyperbaric bupivacaine for cesarean sections: A randomized trial. Open J Anesthesiol. 2012;2:84–9.
36. Subaşı D, Ekinci O, Kuplay Y, Müftüoğlu T, Terzioğlu B. Comparison of intrathecal hyperbaric bupivacaine and levobupivacaine with fentanyl for caesarean section. Göztepe Tıp Derg. 2012;27:22–9.
37. Turkmen A, Moralar DG, Ali A, Altan A. Comparison of the anesthetic effects of intrathecal levobupivacaine+fentanyl and bupivacaine+fentanyl during caesarean section. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2012;21:577–82.[PubMed]
In our daily life, we often compare things to make a right decision. However, most school children and college students feel puzzled when assigned to develop an essay. The stumbling block in an essay writing is a need to choose among compare and contrast essay topics. The more interesting topic you'll pick, the more chances you have to pass with flying colors. Writing a really good essay may be a piece of cake if you feel inspired.
In many spheres of human activity, there arises a need for an optimal choice. This compare and contrast essay method takes into account characteristics of the studied objects using the necessary criteria. The basic approach is quite simple: the definition and estimation of individual social, economic, political, or other phenomena with the aim of discovering distinctive features.
After that, a student is supposed to make a conclusion about a justified or supposed nature of the homogeneity of phenomena, the similarity of their content, the general orientation, etc. This makes it possible to use data from one object while studying the other. If, in the course of the research, some discrepancies were found, this allows one to point out the peculiarity, specificity, and uniqueness of one phenomenon or object in relation to another one.
ORDER COMPARE AND CONTRAST ESSAY HERE
Compared to other types, this type of work is considered a difficult task as it is not just a narration. It usually takes much time since you cannot write a decent paper without any prior research. Moreover, put your thinking cap on when analyzing two objects from one category as sometimes distinctive aspects aren’t so obvious.
Recommendations to Follow when Choosing Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- When choosing an essay topic, learn more about the target audience beforehand. Look through actual topics which have a chance to hook your readers’ attention. After brainstorming ideas, find things for the effective comparison.
- Remember to choose objects belonging to one sphere. Use all pieces of advice you can find when choosing compare and contrast essay topics: first of all, analyze objects that look the same, but have at least one difference. For example, a homemade face mask and a mask produced somewhere, or foods cooked by mom and semi-finished ones found in a supermarket.
- The methods of the comparative approach lead to the fact that already established views on certain phenomena and facts can be reconsidered. Your essay should help discover features that are specific to a particular object or phenomenon. Thus, it promotes a deeper study of objects and phenomena. Also, remember to search for distinctive features at different levels of research.
- The leading principle of picking a good topic is finding some characteristic feature similar to both objects.
Have no ideas what to compare wondering “What are some good compare and contrast essay topics?” Get inspired by checking out compare and contrast essay topics below for different levels of education.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
IT technologies and gadgets:
- iOS vs. Android.
- E-mail vs. usual post.
- Buying things online vs. shopping at malls.
- Skype vs. phone communication.
- Smart house vs. usual home.
- Samsung vs. Apple.
Easy as a Piece of Cake Topics:
- American vs. Chinese concepts of beauty.
- Rock vs. rap music.
- Flat vs. private house.
- School teacher and university professor: benefits/disadvantages.
Easy Compare and Contrast Essay Topics:
Topics for beginners:
- Fruit vs. vegetables.
- Linux vs. Windows.
- Tablet vs. paper textbooks.
- Classical vs. pop music.
- Movies vs. theatre.
Popular things to compare:
- Chemistry vs. physics.
- Oranges vs. tangerines.
- New Year vs. Christmas celebration.
- Summer vs. winter.
- Documentary vs. fiction.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for High School
Topics about Influential People:
- Hitler and Stalin
- Obama vs Donald Trump
- Ryan Reynolds vs Donald Glover.
- Volcano eruption and earthquakes: what causes more damage?
- Geology and mineralogy.
- Einstein theories.
- Civil World War I and II.
- Two famous historical leaders.
- Politics in America now and twenty years ago.
Fresh essay topic ideas:
- Sports or diets: what is more effective for weight loss?
- Audio books or paper books.
- Fashion today and twenty years before.
- Silver and gold.
- Chocolate and marmalade candies.
- Autumn vs spring.
- Love vs. friendship.
- Cars vs. bikes.
Compare and Contrast Topics for Middle School
- Playing computer games and reading: which is the pastime you give preference to and why?
Facebook vs Twitter:
- Instagram vs printed photographs.
- Messaging vs real communication.
Easy as ABC topics:
- Black vs. white: best color for formal meetings.
- Apple vs. pear.
- Getting vs. presenting gifts: what is more pleasant?
- Sunbathing at the seaside vs go sightseeing.
- Short vs. long hair.
- Your lifestyle and your favorite celebrity.
- Coffee vs. tea.
- Cinnamon vs. sugar.
- Cats vs. dogs.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for 6th Grade
Topics for beginners:
- Active vs. passive rest.
- Playing inside vs. outside.
- Is your character similar to your parents’?
- Doctor vs. teacher.
- Swimming vs. flying.
- Tennis vs. badminton.
- Football vs. basketball.
- American soccer vs. basketball.
- Ballet vs. break dance.
- Two plays of Shakespeare.
- Quotes of the well-known personalities.
- Two books of the classical writers.
Ap World History Compare and Contrast Essay
- European History and US history.
- Paleolithic and Neolithic periods.
- Two public people.
- Economic development of America and China.
- Two personalities who contributed to the history of England.
Brilliant Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Watching horror films on TV vs. on the large cinema screen.
- New branded clothes vs. second-hand clothes.
- Diets vs. drugs for weight loss.
- Cooking video recipes vs. traditional cookery books.
- Money vs. gift for a birthday.
- Jeans or dresses for a party.
Great Compare and Contrast Essay Topics: Literature
- Two writers of prose.
- Prose vs. poetry.
- Russian vs English writers: choose two most famous in the same genre.
- Jane Austen vs. Charlotte Bronte.
- Two works of Oscar Wilde.
- Romeo and Juliet vs. Macbeth of Shakespeare.
- Tolkien vs Joan Rolling.
- Two characters from the Harry Potter books.
BUY ESSAY FROM EXPERT
Effective Tips How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
Are you stuck in front of an empty word document and have no idea how to write a compare and contrast essay? First, go through the basics. This piece of writing is a genre aimed at setting objects, people, places, events, etc. side by side and defining similarities and differences.
After you have sorted out things, hit books searching for relevant information. Most themes will require some specific knowledge, which means that the search for facts and statistics and additional details will take much time. Brainstorm ideas and make notes. Make up a list of common features, characteristics, qualities. Don’t miss details that can play a significant role.
You shouldn’t necessarily talk about all features if there are too many. Just choose things that really matter and start writing following a certain structure format.
Your work will be well-organized if it consists of an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. An effective structure should include five paragraphs. Each paragraph is written to perform its own function. A short introductory part familiarizes your reader with the topic and makes it clear what will be next.
Remember how important it is to use eye-catchy first sentences to attract the audience attention. Think that you are ready with the effective beginning? Then don’t waste time and proceed to the text body revealing major aspects with your findings concerning common things and different features. Finally, summarize and let your reader see the goal you wanted to achieve. Your audience shouldn’t doubt the usefulness of time spent on reading your paper.
Compare and Contrast Essay Example
Compare and contrast essay example: “Winter vs Summer”
Historic essay sample: Napoleon and Kutuzov
Interesting Things to Compare and Contrast
Check out fresh ideas about things to compare and contrast below.
- Virus vs. infection.
- Vitamins from foods vs. vitamins from complexes: which are better for health?
- People DNA vs. animals.
- Samsung vs. Apple computers.
- Hardware vs. software.
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. iPhone X.
- Women vs. men occupying managerial positions: who is more successful?
- Two most profitable goods and services markets.
- Cola and Pepsi: management techniques.
Advice from Expert
Don’t know how to write a compare and contrast essay? Consider successful samples first. If reading an example you have a wish to find out more about the objects’ comparison, then its author has done a proper job. To say that the theme must be interesting is like saying nothing. It should be inspiring. Moving forward think about the obvious similarities and differences. The crucial reason why many writers fail is that they don’t go further. However, it is a must to study objects thoroughly so that no hidden edges are left. Use critical thinking and look at the familiar thing at a completely new angle.
Neither Time Nor Writing Talent? Get Top-Notch Custom Writing Help!
Are you confused because you don’t know how to write a compare and contrast essay to get an A-grade? Forget about all negative emotions caused by this academic assignment as we are here to solve this small problem quickly and easily upon your request.
Our well-educated and experienced native English speakers have all necessary knowledge to provide you with the expected results within the deadline. Our writers aren’t magicians but their pens work magic. Any sphere and level of complexity will be dealt with successfully. Interested not only in the result but in the entire process of writing? Welcome to keep in touch with your paper writer controlling everything. Couldn’t even dream to have your home task done by the expert with Master’s degree? Now dreams have come true.
We appreciate those who trust us and offer unique services at affordable prices. Just place your order and we will do our best. Enjoy an easy customer-friendly procedure of custom paper service: the only thing you should do is to order a paper online and fill out a simple form. You will never regret using our high-quality essay service as our main priority is to make your paper writing experience as enjoyable as possible.
In need of professional academic backing? – Look no further!