A List Of Great Project Management Topics For Your Dissertation
Project management is defined as processes, knowledge, methods, experience and skills used to achieve the project objectives. This is an extremely important line of work for the successful completion of projects in everything from science and technology to building bridges and roads and many more fields.
Here is a list of great Project Management dissertation topics:
- Why do most companies ease up on project management skills when the economy is in a downturn? What effect does this have on financial bottom line of the company?
- Why do so many projects fail to meet their budgetary and time constraints? What project management aspects could be applied to prevent that from happening?
- At what point should a project going towards an unsuccessful conclusion be completely cancelled? Is there a need to keep trying to turn it round till the bitter end or is there a case to cut your losses?
- What value does an official certification provide to a project management professional? Is experience a better barometer of success? Does certification help a professional to innovate or adapt to changing scenarios during a project?
- What is the value of project management to a newly formed business venture that has not yet embraced project management principles? Is it even necessary?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of outsourcing a project? Does keeping a project in-house lead to lack of innovation?
- How does lean management help in running a project more effectively and efficiently?
- Is it possible to run an agile project with outsourced segments to multiple providers in different countries? What are the methods involved?
- What part do politics play in the success or failure of projects? Is shifting the blame and stealing credit the norm in project management?
- How effective can project management be in a well-established organization with established policies and norms?
- How are project management methods helpful in dealing with projects in multicultural settings? Are the methods the same when applied to a project across different countries?
- What are the most common problems in project management and how do successful multinational companies deal with such problems?
- How important is the study and analysis of rival projects for the success of your project?
- What is the evidence for success and failure of outsourced information technology projects?
- What part does the failure of vendors play in the failure of projects?