Choosing Good Persuasive Essay Topics For 8th Graders
To write persuasive papers it is important that the writer has the ability to think critically without which it would not be possible for him to take a strong stand on a controversial topic. Thus persuasive papers are written on certain issues or topics that trigger conflicting opinions whereby the writer of essay persuades or convinces the readers to agree upon a particular opinion as is supported by the author himself.
Thus for writing a persuasive essay, the writer not only should be confident upon the stand that he has taken but the essay must also be credited with reliable and relevant facts in order to back up the opinion. How to connect the facts with the logic supporting the opinion is a skill that a persuasive essay writer must possess.
List of Persuasive Essay Topics For 8th Graders
For the 8th graders choosing a good topic for persuasive papers can be critical. Choice of topic is important since such topics tend to get debatable and the writer requires to have strong reasoning ability. For 8th graders the topics must not go beyond the intellect level of their own age group and thus it is best to avoid too complex topics. The topics should be relating to the issues that concern the interests of the students so that they are able to think critically on it and then able to take stand.
A list of persuasive essay topics that are suitable for the 8th graders are,
- Should students be allowed to use cell phones in high schools and elementary schools?
- Should voting age be lowered to thirteen years?
- Do video games trigger violence in children?
- Does recycling help the environment?
- Should parents be held responsible for the wrongdoings of their child?
- Who is the strongest superhero?
- Is it a good thing to own pets?
- Do pets make great companions?
- Is reading a book more entertaining than watching a movie based on the same book?
- Is it right to keep animals in a zoo?
- Video games are harmful for kids’ health.
- Kids should read more books.
- Beauty contests are derogatory for girls’ self confidence.
- Country life is better than city life.
- Banning books is detrimental to free speech.
- Life was simpler 50 years back.
- Winter vacations should be longer.
- Schools should take serious measures against bullying.